February 16, 2011

Valentines Day Fun and some mom tips

I LOVE Valentine's Day and want to make sure that my boys know that even though it may seem like a silly holiday, they need to make sure they let the people in their lives know they are loved!  I found these adorable Valentine ideas from another blogger.  You take a sucker and cut out lips for girls and mustaches for boys.  Joey loved it because he said he looks like Daddy!  He still asks for it with all of his suckers!
We made a special pizza for supper on Saturday night.  I'm not the most creative but here's how it turned out...
Now for some fun mom tips.  I got this idea from a class that I took from the Kent District Library on Magical Math.  
Here's what my living room looked like at first.  I have been collecting boxes for the last couple of weeks and taping them up again to make them whole.  The kids then are allowed to build with them.  It's so fun to watch them try to figure out how to make the different shaped boxes go together.  Here's some pictures of the boys at work. Even Aaron loved this activity!
My last mom tip is for all the moms of boys!  I was getting so sick of wiping off the seat when I had to go to the bathroom thanks to a short little man who is too "big" to stand on the stool to go potty.  So I thought of a way to make him remember to lift up the seat.  

I put stickers on the lid of the toilet seat that Joey has to hide before he can go potty.  We told him that the aliens can't watch him go pee so he has to hide them.  He loves the idea and has lifted the seat every time!  Oh the wonderful power of stickers!

2 comments:

  1. Love that sticker idea. Think it would work to get little (and big) guys to put the seat down when they are finished??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the aliens! :) You're such a wonderful mom Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete