1)Emphasize the uniqueness of every member of your family and encourage individuality.
2)Maintain consistency of the messages we convey.
3)Give immediate and appropriate discipline (kids can't call the shots).
4)Allow a generous margin for mistakes.
5)Require responsibility for actions.
These five things are so simple and yet so easily get forgotten. I hope and pray that by seeing these reminders everyday Brian and I can continue to raise Joey and Aaron up to be amazing men of Christ!
Also I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you. We have it about every other week here! It's from Weight Watchers and is simply amazing and so easy. I'm a big fan of using my slow cooker since I have daycare kids at my house until 5:30-6 everyday so this one has become a staple here.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
1 small onion(s), chopped
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
15 oz canned tomato sauce
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheeses, divided
6 item(s) dry lasagna noodles, no-cook
1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, strong-flavored like Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes. Yields 1/6th of dish per serving.
Enjoy it tonight!